Friday, January 14, 2011

Did Chizik Push Cam towards the draft?

What comes as no surprise, Auburn starting quarterback Cam Newton has declared for the NFL draft.  Newton read a prepared statement saying ""This decision was difficult for me and my family, after talking to Coach Chizik and Coach Malzahn, I think it is best that I make that next step in my career and forgo my senior season and enter the NFL Draft."

You have wonder if Chizik and Malzahn told Newton to go pro mostly for the reason, that he comes back next year and the NCAA eventually declares Newton ineligible they will have to not only forfeit the 2010 season but next year's season as well. I know personally if it was me and I was in the shoes of Gene Chizik, I would try to push Newton towards the draft as hard as possible. Chizik probably did not know that Newton could have been paid to come to Auburn but he knows that something happened.  He could not do anything but get behind his star player for the 2010 season, but why would you want to potentially forfeit two seasons.



No comments:

Post a Comment